fashion
OOTD: DIY Cross-body Bag, Urban Outfitters, and Feline Flats
12:34:00 AM
The advent of this lovely twenty-sixth day of this delightful July month occurred with the help of an alarm clock set to Beyonce's "Love on top." In contrast to this warm, happy song, I felt like wearing black; or, perhaps I just wanted to wear a black, structured crop top. I think everyone has those particular days that include some sort of screaming, mental WEAR BLACK TODAY! kind of appeal.
Moreover, I do own a cute lustrous pair of flats with white tiger faces embroidered onto them -- what I call feline flats. Go figure, my favorite animal is a tiger! However, the struggle to obtain these shoes holds the real value. I am laughing just thinking of it! Wait. Hold it right there, you long and awry train of thought! Now that I recall the exact story of how each piece in my closet has come to belong, I can conclude that my clothing attainment experiences have always been quite... Quite hilarious
(, emotional,) and/or amusing.
For example, the story of the Urban Outfitters' quilted grey skirt showcased in this OOTD post is pretty strange. There I was, heading over to the movie theater: a happy, little Asian girl emerging from Urban Outfitters, wearing the face of success and holding a freshly-bought bag enclosing the skirt. Next, my family and I buy tickets to watch who-knows-what. We enter the movie theater building. Suddenly, then and there, my harmless shopping bag is confiscated. It appears another individual has reported a theft of her own Urban Outfitters shopping bag. So, customer service and/or the movie theater's policy decides to hold us captive and question me (very nicely). What in the good world is going on here? I was pretty darn angry and confused! In the end, my friend, Customer Service, and I watch as the lady with the lost item finally arrives to gleefully announce that she has found her bag in the women's restroom.
The movie was decent.
Fun Fact: The purse used in these photographs is actually composed of a shiny Urban Outfitters bag with a leather Tory Burch strap attached.
Top - Rolla Coster
Skirt - Urban Outfitters
Feline Flats - Cooperative @ Urban Outfitters
Bag - Urban Outfitters/Tory Burch
-Karen Taylor Nguyen

0 comments