My Weekend Trip to Mammoth (01/30/15 - 02/01/15)

A couple of weeks ago, my family and I  took a vacation to Mammoth with some of my dad's coworkers. Honestly, I don't go to the snow...

A couple of weeks ago, my family and I  took a vacation to Mammoth with some of my dad's coworkers. Honestly, I don't go to the snow/mountains very much. The times I do go, however, I'm usually hitting the slopes on skis with the exception of one time prior to this trip when I took snowboarding lessons. So, with the memory still fresh of my extremely pleasureful and thrilling snowboarding experience, I decided to snowboard. And boy did I choose the right one between the two snowy options. SNOWBOARDING MADE 90% OF THE TRIP! :) (The other 10% came from delicious food and good company.) Despite multiple bruises and quite the sore gluteus maximus among other muscles, I had an amazing, speedy time buttering up the mountain. I am not even sure if "buttering up" is technically the correct slang for snowboarding as fiercely as I was (oh, yes), but that was all I could think of while I passed moguls and dodged adorable children (thankfully, I did not take any lives up there). Other than the snowboarding experience, the cabin that the company and my family rented out was cozy and pretty. I think I was in kitchen washing dishes or cooking up something with my dad for the majority of the time I was indoors. They all ate a whole lot (here, I am subtly ranting about the mounds of dishes I was constantly buried under). Some of the food we brought up to Mammoth or cooked there included clam chowder, pasta salad, lamb shoulder, BBQ racks of ribs, burrata salads, fresh peach cobbler, and cold cuts and cheeses. I apologize for not taking pictures of all this food! All in all, the experience and intimacy of a solid group of intelligent, dynamic people as well as family spending time together in a cute ol' cabin playing games, laughing, and eating was really enjoyable.






 








Thanks :D

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images